Anytime you are evicting a resident the sheriff must be there. This is to a) prove to the county you have a legal contract that has been violated and b) to ensure that the former resident does not do any bodily or property harm. While sheriff evictions can get messy, they always require a re-key or change of locks to guarantee the previous tenant can not re-enter the property. So call us! We specialize in lock re-key and replacement services. As a locally owned company, we know the Portland metro area inside and out and can be to the location in no time. We are licensed, bonded and insured, and all of our services come with an extended warranty.
Knowing How To Chose The Right Sheriff Eviction Service
While it may seem that any locksmith company is suitable to do a sheriff eviction service, this is simply not true. You need to hire a reputable, Portland locksmith company that is licensed by Oregon’s CCB to ensure that you are using a company that is licensed, bonded and insured. This prevents complications as the sheriff may ask to see the locksmiths license, and if they do not have one, they will be turned away and you will still be charged for the service call. Save yourself time and money by calling us! All of our expert locksmiths are capable of doing a sheriff eviction service and will show up in a clearly marked vehicle, as well as uniform so you can be sure that we mean business.
What You Should Do if You Need A Sheriff Eviction Service
As a landlord, you should know the eviction process by heart. If you do not, here are the first steps you need to take:
- The tenant must be notified of the eviction.
- The tenant is served in about a week.
- The tenant is given about 10 days in which to answer the complaint and provide a defense.
- The court receives the tenants answer and a hearing date is set.
- The case is heard and decided about 7-14 days after the answer is received.
- If the tenant is ordered to vacate, they are given a date in which to be out.
- The landlord files the eviction with the sheriff to be executed.
- The sheriff schedules the eviction set out – usually within a few days, but it can be longer depending on the sheriff’s schedule.
After all of these steps are completed, only then should you call a locksmith. The locksmith will then set a time with you to come out and can re-key or replace the locks, depending on your preference. Our locksmiths are well versed in Sheriff eviction services and are fully licensed, bonded and insured with the CCB. Call us today if you need sheriff eviction services!